Procedure for submission of photographic material and publications
Huis Marseille is always interested in new work, special publications, and interesting proposals. However, given the large number of offers and the limited size of our staff, we ask you to observe our submission procedure.
- If you would like to submit your work, you have to send the following in an email to email@example.com:
- A selection of recent work in a PDF, attached to your email. No Zip-files or large file-sizes (more than 10 MB) will be accepted;
- Curriculum Vitae;
- A personal letter in English addressed to Director Nanda van den Berg.
- We do not accept submissions of portfolio’s containing original photo prints. Should you send such a portfolio anyway, please note that Huis Marseille is in no way obliged to care for returning it to you.
- Submitted work is reviewed once every 3 to 6 months, depending on the workload in the museum.
- Due to the large volume of submitted work, we cannot guarantee every submission will receive an individual or personal reply.
- If your submission gives us reason to make an appointment with you, we will get in touch with you (not vice versa).
Photobooks/publications (for the purpose of our bookstore)
Huis Marseille is always looking for interesting photobooks for our bookstore. We are open to submissions, provided they are photography-related.
If you wish to submit a photobook for our bookstore, the following rules apply:
- If we decide to include your submitted publication or book in our store, we will get in touch with you (not vice versa).
- When delivering or sending us your publication, please explicitly state whether you’d like to take it back after review.
- Submitted publications/photobooks are not sent back, but are to be retrieved in the museum after receiving notice from Huis Marseille, within the allotted time.
- Diaries, calendars and the like will not be considered.
Naturally, we will treat every submission with the utmost care.
Huis Marseille hopes to have hereby provided you with sufficient information. We look forward to receiving your submission.