In line with the measures taken by the government with regard to the coronavirus, the museum will be open again on June 1st, reserving a ticket online will be mandatory. On this page, we will inform you about some frequently asked questions during this period. This page will be updated regularly with new information.
You can follow us on Instagram for more updates. We look forward to welcoming you back to Huis Marseille.
1. When will you reopen?
We follow the government guidelines and plan to reopen from the 1st of June, with the necessary precautions: 1.5 meters distance to other visitors, extensive hygiene measures, only visitors with reservation, and more. When details are known, we will communicate them on our website and social media. Of course, the duration of Viviane Sassen’s exhibition will also be extended so that you can still visit it.
2. Can I make a reservation for a visit from 1 June?
You can reserve a ticket with a start time on our website. Click the Tickets button above, or in the menu if you’re on a mobile device. The different starting times are intended to spread our visitors over the day so that everyone can enjoy a pleasant and safe visit to the museum.
3. Can I also make a reservation by telephone or email?
We only offer tickets via the online system. Do you need help with booking? Please contact support via: +31 (0)20 244 2877 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Do I also have to make a reservation if I have a Museumkaart or ICOM card?
Yes, you can reserve a free ticket and show it during your visit in combination with the relevant card.
5. I have a question or remark, how can I reach you?
You can reach us via email@example.com.
In connection with the coronavirus, Huis Marseille has put in place some additional house rules. We kindly but urgently request you to take note of these before your visit.
- Be on time, your entrance ticket is valid up to 15 minutes after your selected start time. Once in the museum, there is no time limit anymore.
- Please leave your bag in the storage at reception. There is no cloakroom available.
- Keep 1.5 meters distance from each other, pay attention to the markings.
- Follow the indicated route through the museum using the consecutive numbers on the map.
- It is important that you move in one direction and don’t go against the walking direction.
- Pay attention to the maximum number of visitors allowed per room. Wait if necessary.
- Disinfect your hands if you want to visit the shop and before and after using the toilet.
- Pay (contactless) with pin or credit card.
We also take extra measures for your safety:
- Huis Marseille staff surveils the museum and regularly clean stair railings, door handles, and other surfaces.
- We see to it that the 1.5 meters distance is observed.
- We offer a disinfectant hand gel at the entrance to the shop and a disinfectant spray at the toilets.
- The toilets are cleaned more frequently than usual.
- The maximum number of visitors allowed in each room at the same time is indicated.
- Due to the prescribed route, the lift can unfortunately not be used.
- Our route complies with the protocol of the Museum Association and the regulations of the RIVM.
We thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation, together we can ensure a pleasant and safe museum visit.